My first night in Australia was one that I would never forget. Tucked under the make-shift sleeping bag as an additional blanket, I finally felt the warmth that eluded me for much of the day. Of course, the only other "warm" encounter was in the showers but surely you arent expecting me to elaborate!?
6hrs passed and I felt a nudge. Struggling to open my eyes, I saw a familar face. The face of love. The first thing my eyes met were her eyes too. Her beautifully made eyes. If only I could see this every morning when I wake up. That would be heaven. What a way to end my first night and to start my day!
"There was a time in my life when I opend my eyes and there you were. You were more than a dream I could reach out and touch you girl....."
- Dream about you by Stevie B
Our first stop, Fish market. A half an hour walk from Jing's hostel. The first of many walks for the trip. This was our first complete day in Sydney. Walking through the University of Sydney campus and the city, I saw first hand, the wonderful artitecture of the Australian Culture and its buildings. What came to mind was the number of streets that were named after British cities; Newcastle, Liverpool and Blackburn. Hhhmm....Strange...???
Ordered a seafood platter for 3 of myself, Jing, Jeremy, Tiffany and my brother. There, Eugene tasted his first lemon-oysters. ahhahha.... The platter was filling but what was more satisfying was the sashimi, unagi and salmon that we helped myself to. Doesnt that make you water.... *slurp* Well, that whole hearty meal cost us $17aussie. Not bad for our "brunch"...
Next stop, Paddy's market through ChinaTown. There, it was where I spent the most. Overspent in fact, $100 in total! It was worth it! 3 sets of clothes and 1 large parket of soft Nougats $22.50aussie) with 500g of honey macadamian nuts.($15.50aussie) Dont that make you want to water again? Oh man! I'm getting fat! Wait.. I'm already fat! What am I talking about...
Oh well, Hillsongs followed next. Had to take a shuttle service to the church and Hillsongs was an experience. After all, we have heard of hillsongs music so much here but now is a chance to experience it. Though I have my reservations about going there, I realised I shouldnt pass up on the chance to have a go at them and see for myself. Maybe I'm just being skeptical about them so I thought I had to go before making such bias comments. Then again, that would probably take another blog entry to talk about them so nah.. I'm going to pass blogging about them for now.
When the whole service ended, we were invited to their welcome tea and I wasnt served my hot chocolate!! Aarrgghh!! No fair! Oh well, by that time it was rather late and dark. After chatting with some of the workers there, we boarded the last shuttle bus and headed home, each to our own accomodation, to my very own bed of warmth. As I tucked back under the blankets. I thought, "Will I experience "heaven" tomorrow? I said my prayers for the night and went to sleep with "heaven" at the back of my mind.
Goodbye day 2. 2 down and 5 to go...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home