As I made my way into the plane, I was reminded of Alanis Morisette's Ironic, "A man waited his whole damn life to take that flight and as the plane crash down, he thought, "Isnt this great" " I said a prayer and continued my journey, the journey into the unforgettable.
My excitment was hampered by the 2hours transit at Kuala Lumpur. Even then, it wasnt going to kill it and as we touched down in Sydney airport, the stuffed nose that bugged Jeremy was gone and instead, we were greeted by the cool and refreshing wind. For that one week, there was no "perspiration" in my vocabulary.
As it was my first time venturing beyond the shores of comfort, I took time to explore the wonderful beauty of Sydney. I left my brother, Sharon and ShangJun and proceeded with Jeremy to make our way to UniLodge where Tiffany and Jamie would meet us. The ride there took away our first $8aussie and we walked to Jing's hostel, much to the disgust of our luggage wheels.
To enjoy the breeze, Jeremy and I didnt put on our jackets. After all, it wasnt as cold as many perceived. Maybe it's just us, maybe we are just enjoyed the coolness. Unpacking, we lazed around in the hostel for about a couple of hours, having our lunch (soup, rice and stir-fried beef with vegetables), we were on our way to meet the others who assembled at Pamela's apartment. This would be where we call home for our one week of holiday.
Our first stop, Circular Quay where we took a ferry ride to Manly Beach. There, our cameras had their first clicks in Australia and trust me, they never stopped till our departure. Our shoes soon left most of our feet, left alone in the sand, as we made our way into the icy cool and clear waters. Oblivious to the absence of available washing points, we playedfully engaged ourselves into a battle with the sand and sea. When we finally found one, it was about 200metres away.
With our now clean and dried feet, we walked through the shops and made our way back to Circular Quay. By then, the Sydney Opera House and the bridge were now litted up with lights that just awed us with its splendor. Dinner followed at a Vietnamese restaurant at Chinatown and we were on our own way back to our place of rest.
I knew the holiday has just been begun but the back of my mind, I knew it would end just as quickly. The only difference is, someone was there. Someone was there with me. Someone I love..... and there we prayed....
This was Day 1. 1 down and 6 to go, not counting our departure date.
Of course Sydney is not just about tiff but I cant deny it's neither her. Still, I think we all had alot of fun there right? Really missed those carefree days, dont you?
4 Comments:
WAH....this entry is very sweet....wahhhh...ok lar...i prolly understand why u're so sad to leave sydney...heh..we're in different situations mar...you're attached and i'm single..and there's no one for me to miss in sydney besides pam and jing..haha..and i can call and write to em..so it ain't that bad...anyways, if you wanna remember australia...i'll pass you your cd on saturday...haha..u can just look thru all of the photos again... take care bro.. :D