Another day of walking, and my legs are ACHING!! Oh well, this time there is no mutated tortoise and this time, it’s a comfort taxi and not yesterday’s CityCab. I must say I had a lot of fun during today’s hike. Took some photos and it really reminds me of the route marches in the army. Oh well…. After the hike, went to Bishan with the “East” people for lunch and the stupid ATM machine just refuse to let me withdraw money!
As I was going home with Jeremy today, we had a short chat and I realised how similar our struggles are. Struggles in our commitment to church and trying to appease our soccer friends on Sundays. Guess he cant play soccer on Sundays with his friends as he liked to. Though he understands his priority, it is kind of difficult for his friends to understand. I, too face the same when I was in secondary school and Polytechnic. Back then, my friends used to arrange soccer games with other opponents and I could never play them because they are on Sundays. Although I loved soccer so much, I can’t put it before GOD. Took them about 3 years to finally understand and I really thank GOD for that. I pray Jeremy’s friends will too. I will pray for him and I must say it’s great having him as my accountability partner.
Somehow I can sense GOD calling me into service in the church. On the very same day, within a short span of 2 hrs, I was asked to consider CGL training by James and Weiwei, asked to go to mission trip by Auntie Cheng Sim and asked by Dorothy to play the piano for choir on 21st March because she will be away. Can u believe that? 3 “offers” in 2 hours!! Just yesterday, Uncle Chee Seng approached me to pray about serving in EWC with fellowship as my portfolio. Haven’t shared with anybody on this except Jeremy and I agree with him that it’s probably too early. After all, I think my immediate concern is with YF. Could all these be coincidence or really GOD’s calling, preparing for the future? Just like what Jeremy said, I cant deny that that day would have to come and I have to be prepared for it.
Once again, it’s time for my “mel” side to surface and I'm really troubled with this. No definite answers but a careful decision is needed. This could be the start, the beginning some my journey. My journey into service… It’s coming and whether I like it or not, I have to come to terms with it sooner or later.....
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home